I’m in the habit of switching Netflix on whenever I’m cleaning or cooking. It gives me an opportunity to catch up on shows or, in this case, become obsessed and binge a new-to-me show.
At the beginning of the month I was tired of the same shows and nothing new on Netflix was really interesting me. In a moment of television desperation, I clicked on Kevin Bacon’s smirking face and began The Following. The Following follows FBI agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) as he spirals in and out of control.
The first season revolves around Ryan’s quest to catch illustrious serial killer Joe Carrel and has heavy Edgar Allan Poe theme. No spoilers, but I quickly became hooked and finished all of the episodes on Netflix (aka, all three seasons).
I wanted more of an endurance workout and let me tell you, my arms are so freaking sore.
Have you watched the following? What do you think about it? What’s your go to arm or ab workout?
Twitter – Instagram – Pinterest
I haven’t had a lot of free time lately, I am currently working full time and attempting to move (seriously, it’s a nightmare), but what bit of time I’ve managed to grab, I’ve spent it literally doing nothing. Straight up couch potato nothing. Continue reading
I had planned to post either a new brownie recipe or my favorite go-to cookie recipe today as I was making both Saturday for different events, but I was having one of those days. You know those days where everything just seems to go wrong? It was one of those days.
First, the cookies I had made dozens of times spread (the first batch) and burnt (the second batch) and then the brownies came out looking great, but tasting so icky. After hours in the kitchen not working, I was sort of thankful when the cookout I was going to on Sunday got rained out. It gave me a chance to spend Sunday making different brownies for my work potluck on Monday.
Monday was supposed to be action packed after I got off work at one, but everything got rained out! I ended up spending the 4th curled up in bed with hot tea, a bowl of popcorn, Netflix, and a new book.
The latest season of Criminal Minds is on Netflix now, so I have been so focused on that.
I made sure to do a couple of my fun Netflix workouts in order to make my night in a little more productive! lol
I thought I’d share these workouts with you! I did arms and a small at home cardio workout.
July is here! Honestly, July is one of my least favorite months. It’s hot – I mean, really hot – and I hate the heat. But I’m not going to let that (and a crazy full schedule) stop me from completely my summer goals. In order to best complete them, I made some July goals.
- Work out more: I am sick a lot and have really bad migraines. That, combined with a new job and refurbishing the place Cody and I are moving into, has taken all of my energy. This month, I plan to workout even if I don’t feel like it at least four times a week, because a slow workout is better than none. And I know I feel so much better when I am active.
- Healthy breakfasts was one of my summer goals, but I have been nailing that this past month, along with having well rounded meals. Obviously, I am keeping this up! This month, I plan to add protein shakes for breakfast.
- Frequently blogging: Well, to say this don’t as planned is an understatement, and maybe this should fall under organization because that is why this hasn’t gone as planned – my lack of organization.
- DIY projects: These are going to revolve around the new place – cabinets, counters, and décor. I haven’t had time recently to really be at the new place, but once I am, these posts will be up.
- Organization is something I have never been great at. I am working so hard on this, but it hasn’t been easy. I’m going to keep trying, though.
- Reading more is super easy. When I don’t feel well, I read while I rest. I have plenty of books I haven’t read, too.
I am obsessed with Supernatural.
Jared, Jensen, and Misha are too cute. I used to be terrified of any show that had anything remotely scary. That is, until I saw The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe. I made my friends go see if with me because I love Radcliffe. Once I sat through that suspense, I knew I could take on Supernatural. One Netflix binge later and I was hooked.
Since becoming a verified Netflix binger, I have had to come up with ways to stay active while still getting in my episodes. Sure, sometimes I pile on the blankets and hideaway, but usually I try to fit in a quick home workout after each episode.
It’s super easy – just make little tally marks next to each item when it happens, hit pause between each episode, and get your short workout in. I thought since I have been doing these almost daily lately, that I would share my favorite one with y’all.