Guys, it’s like June didn’t even happen on this blog. Sorry!
I’ve been so stressed out and ran down after switching to full time hours that I just decided to take a break. I focused on me – sleeping plenty and often was my main focus. I’m feeling much better and way more motivated going in to July.
July is here! Honestly, July is one of my least favorite months. It’s hot – I mean, really hot – and I hate the heat. But I’m not going to let that (and a crazy full schedule) stop me from completely my summer goals. In order to best complete them, I made some July goals.
- Work out more: I am sick a lot and have really bad migraines. That, combined with a new job and refurbishing the place Cody and I are moving into, has taken all of my energy. This month, I plan to workout even if I don’t feel like it at least four times a week, because a slow workout is better than none. And I know I feel so much better when I am active.
- Healthy breakfasts was one of my summer goals, but I have been nailing that this past month, along with having well rounded meals. Obviously, I am keeping this up! This month, I plan to add protein shakes for breakfast.
- Frequently blogging: Well, to say this don’t as planned is an understatement, and maybe this should fall under organization because that is why this hasn’t gone as planned – my lack of organization.
- DIY projects: These are going to revolve around the new place – cabinets, counters, and décor. I haven’t had time recently to really be at the new place, but once I am, these posts will be up.
- Organization is something I have never been great at. I am working so hard on this, but it hasn’t been easy. I’m going to keep trying, though.
- Reading more is super easy. When I don’t feel well, I read while I rest. I have plenty of books I haven’t read, too.
Summer is here! I mean, not officially, but pretty close. Everybody is graduating, school gets out next week, the weather is warming up, the sun is out again – so it’s summer time.
Summer means more free time for most people – especially those under 18 and not taking summer college classes. I try to use each summer as a way to focus on any New Year’s Goals I might not be totally following through with and to try new things.
This summer I want to focus on improving myself in multiple areas by sticking to my workout program, eating a healthy breakfast, blogging about three times a week, doing more DIY projects, being more organized, and reading more. I think being a well-rounded person is important in order to lead a happy, fulfilled life and after taking the last month or so to focus on relaxing and lowering my stress level (I have some anxiety so it is rather easy for me to become stressed over relatively lame things), I thought I should spend the next few months focusing on improving other aspects of my life.
As for new things, I want to go hiking, explore various local and regional parks and historical sites, just general try things outside of my comfort zone. This will be super easy because Cody is always trying to get me to do new things – especially outdoor things lol
To complete any goal, you typically need a plan of action. I sat down last night and wrote out plans for each of my goals, including a workout schedule, a blogging calendar, a list of DIY projects I want to complete, and I ordered the book about the KonMari Method to help me declutter my space. As for reading more, I have boxes of books (literally) that I haven’t read yet.
I’m super excited to get started on these!
Do you guys have any goals for the summer?